Here are a number of other benefits of boxing in Lindisfarne:
1) Self defense – not that a fitness boxing class actually intends this – but if you are accustomed to a little bit of aggression thrown your way, a bit of bump and tussle you’ll be better prepared should a bully come your way. You may actually duck and weave, you may discover a strength you never knew you had.
2) an outlet for aggression – so you are a kind and gentle person but you kindly and gently deal with idiots every day . . . . Smash out your frustrations – a well padded up opponent looking for the same is just the ticket!
3) fat loss and cardio challenge – I left 2 of my very capable clients with Chucky Wall one weekend – he decided to do some boxing with them. “How’d it go” I ask them “Shattered” they both replied. One had a calorie counter attached to her heart rate monitor – she reported she’d burned an amazing 750 calories that morning!
4) it sharpens the mind – there is nothing like a “jab, cross, uppercut, hook, duck” combo to sharpen the mind. Don’t get it wrong :/
5) multi-directional movement – boxing is rarely linear – generally you punch, duck, weave and pivot around a space – reach, stretch and rotate – boxing covers all movement patterns.
6) Social aspects – meet new people – and punch them!!
7) symmetrical exercise opportunities – generally we are stronger on our preferred side – this is true for both arms and legs – boxing classes offer that symmetrical workout where weaknesses can be targeted
8) Boxing classes target the upper body – and this is very appealing to women and men who may lack upper body strength due to their occupation and hobbies. Banish the tuck shop arms and grow some guns – tone up and look strong – results will quickly come to any participant who attends boxing.
$96 for 8 sessions – use over 10 weeks